These guides are designed to show you visually how to navigate 4-H Online, whether you are a family enrolling members, a general leader managing your club, or a project leader keeping track of who is enrolled in your project. The guides are available as PDF documents or Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
The Click-by-Click Guides will take you through completing a specific task.
The Screen-by-Screen Guides give detailed explanations of what every button does on certain screens.
4-H Online Guides for Families, Click-by-Click
|Creating a New Family Account||PPT|
|Enrolling a New Youth Member||PPT|
|Enrolling a New Adult Leader||PPT|
|Completing Mandatory Reporter Training (New Adult Volunteers)||PPT|
|Re-Enrolling a Member or Adult Leader||PPT|
|Registering for an Event||PPT|
|Looking up a Member Enrollment History||PPT|
|Updating your Health Form||PPT|
|Updating your Project List||PPT|
4-H Online Guides for Families, Screen-by-Screen
|The “Continue to Family” Screen||PPT|
|The “Member List” Screen||PPT|
4-H Online Guides for Club Managers, Click-by-Click
|Confirming Member Enrollments||PPT|
|Searching for Members (e.g. for a quick e-mail list)||PPT|
|Creating a Report||PPT|
|Looking up Member Literature Orders||PPT|
|Looking up Member Record Book Page Counts||PPT|
|Looking up a List of First-Year Members||PPT|
|Looking up a List of Each Member’s Awards, Trips, Discs, and Offices||PPT|
4-H Online Guides for Club Managers, Screen-by-Screen
|The “Confirm Member” Screen||PPT|
|The “Members” Screen||PPT|
|The “Search” Screen||PPT|
|The “Report” Screens||PPT|
4-H Online Guide for Project Leaders, Click-by-Click
|Creating a List of Project Members and Mailing Labels||PPT|
Tips for Navigating 4-H Online:
- Never use your browser’s back button to go back to a previous screen. This can cause some information to be lost. Use the built-in “Previous” and “Continue” buttons to move between screens, or the “Home,” “Family,” and “Member List” buttons in the upper-right of each screen to return to a root menu.
- If you are having trouble advancing from one screen to the next after clicking “Continue,” you may have to upgrade your browser or switch to a different one. Versions of Internet Explorer cannot be used with 4-H Online. You can download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for free.
- Only interact with 4-H Online in one tab of one browser window. If you are logged in to your 4-H Online account and attempt to log in to your account in a second window or tab, your original session will time out and you will lose any unsaved work.
Written Instruction PDFs:
- Enrolling as a New Family
- Re-Enrolling Members
- Registering for an Event
- Club Manager User Guide
- Project Leader User Guide
For additional questions or assistance, contact the UW-Extension office at (715)346-1462 or firstname.lastname@example.org